Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, July 17, 2015

Bibs, please?

My mom was invited to yet another baby shower and whenever babies are involved, she calls me to help her out with a gift.  This time, she specifically asked if I had any bibs.  Usually, I would have more than I know what to do with, since I never knit the ones I show here for anyone in particular, however, I decided to just give them to my neighbor for her two little girls.  The new parents won't know the sex of their baby until it's born, so mom thought bibs would be a good choice.  As for the designs and colors, she left that up to me and I decided on a rainbow!
 I was not looking forward to knitting that many bibs in one setting, but I actually had fun revisiting some of my old patterns.
 My hands were a little sore.  Knitting with cotton really tires them out, but I didn't have much choice as my mom always waits until the last minute.  She's done that her whole life and, over the years, we've used every trick we could think of to get her moving faster, but nothing ever worked.
 It turns out that the new mom really has a thing for rainbows.  From the time she was a little girl, she always loved them.  I didn't know that, but I'm so happy that I decided to do them.
I also found out that the theme of the shower was birds.  Wasn't it also lucky that I had chosen to knit one?
I guess some things are just meant to be!