Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Beginning and The End. . .

The very first “picture” bib that I ever made was the Teddy Bear.  
At the time, I was pretty happy with it.  It was totally my design and I knit it for my soon-to-be-born grandson.  Of course, this led to the dinosaur bib and many (many) more patterns to follow.  As time moved on however, I like to think that my designs improved.  I tried to give my “pets” some personality.  Let’s face it.  Teddy has no personality.  He also needed some serious updating.  My early attempts at pattern writing were not the best!  Since I decided on the bear theme for the baby shower, I thought this would be a good opportunity to tackle Teddy.  I didn't want to change him too much since he’s the bear that started it all!
You’ll notice that he’s a little slimmer.  I eliminated one row, right down the middle.  I wanted to make him the same size as the majority of my patterns.  I know that many of you like to mix and match the designs, so I try to keep that in mind.  The pattern for the bib has also been updated with the short rows and now includes a chart!  The cloth pattern also has a chart.
After I had knit Teddy, I was working on the Rhonda’s Delight bib and I kept looking at Teddy.  I started wondering what would happen if I knit him all in seed stitch.  It would produce a whole different texture, and might be a good alternative. 
What do you think?  I call him Seedy Teddy.  It’s basically the same pattern as original Teddy.  I was going to combine the two into one pattern, but I personally don’t like having to flip back and forth through directions, so in the end, I decided it was just as easy to post him as a separate design.
So there’s the beginning of my designs, Teddy still doesn't have much personality, but he is what he is.

This now brings me to the end of my designs.  I couldn't resist knitting up one more bear.  This fellow I refer to as The Head Bear. 
I patterned him after the baby sweater design I used for the little cardigan.  He's just a larger and happier version!  
This brings the number of my bear designs up to four, five if we include Seedy.  There’s Teddy, This Bear’s Repeating  and Ted E. Bear.  This fellow, however, is the head bear and might just be my favorite.
So there you have it.  The beginning of my designs and the last.  Well, the last for now!  The pdf files are in the sidebar, or you can just click on the links below:

3 comments:

Freda said...

Oh my how cute.. This is now my favorite...I just love all of your designs...Thank you for being so generous....Freda

carol said...

The "Teddy Bear" design looks just like my "teddy" that was kept at my Nana's house. That is now on my to do list. Thanks for sharing your creative talents.

Jessica said...

I am so excited for the new bear patterns. I really should get going on them, since there are 5 now! I must admit, I was worried when the post was titled "The Beginning and the End". I was worried that this was the end of your designing or something. I'm glad it's not. :) It's nice to hear that you've been updating more of the old patterns. It's interesting to go back to old work and see how much we've progressed, isn't it?