Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Saturday, March 23, 2013

Out of the Running

Thank you, thank you to all of you who voted for my friend, Tracy.  Unfortunately, she had to withdraw her project due to a mix up.  As I understand it, once you posted your project there wasn't supposed to be any "chatting" until after the voting.  The time was based on Irish time.  Tracy updated her post to include more information and the moderator said it qualified as "chatting".  I don't get that, but here's the kicker, based on Irish time, she was still before the deadline!  Despite pointing it out, she still had to withdraw. In any event, both Tracy and I are grateful for those of you who tried to help her out!

On another subject, Knit Picks and I are on the outs.  They gave me a really hard time about an order I placed before Christmas.  I'll spare you the details, but it did take them six weeks to credit my account.  Then, of course, there was the fiasco with the stolen credit card information.  I didn't want to wait and see if I was one of the unfortunate ones, so I cancelled my credit card.  While I didn't have any suspicious activity, I did place an order during the time period.  Better to be safe than sorry.  If all this wasn't bad enough, I'm thoroughly disappointed with some socks I knit with their Stroll yarn.  There's a neat hat pattern on Ravelry called Dustland Hat .  I haven't knit the hat yet, but I thought it would also make nice socks.
See?  Nice huh.  I love green and had high hopes.  Well, while they might look nice from a distance, up close they're horrid.  The yarn pilled and fuzzed like crazy.
They look like they've been through the wash a few times and they were spanking new!
You can barely see the stitch detail.  Jack still liked them, but then again, he doesn't really care too much what he has on his feet!

I'm not anxious to use this yarn again anytime soon.  I have a ton of it too.  I guess it's true that you get what you pay for.  I know I won't be paying for this again any time soon!

1 comment:

Kathy... said...

Hi Elaine,

I've had a similar experience with the stroll yarn. I am not a fan either. Two of my knitting group members have had credit card problems, traceable to the knitpick fiasco. Unfortunately, they were never notified by KP, and were caught totally unaware!! I felt bad, actually, cause I did hear about the breach through reading the boards, but did not pass it on to all the people in my group. I had not ordered from them in quite some time, and so far I've had no problems. I will probably continue to order books from them, but using PayPal. I've given up on their yarns and the needles.....replaced with the interchangeable Chiagoos. Love them! And.....on a lighter note, I'll share my good news with you. We are expecting a BG#2 late this summer!!!! How cool is that! Should find out Tuesday if its a girl or boy. Life is good!!!