Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Cheep Set

I finally got around to writing up the pattern for the chicken that I used in Ruthie's Farm. Wow, I can't believe that it's been almost a year since I posted it!  In any event, I couldn't do a blanket without chickens since there are several that reside at her home (and one really mean rooster).  The boys have named all the chickens and they do tend to get annoyed with me when I forget their names! Fortunately, they're all different breeds, so I do have a little help in identifying them.
I'm not sure what breed this chicken is though.  It's definitely a new variety!
The patterns are both available in pdf formats and are listed in the side bar.  Or, you can click here for the bib or click here for the cloth.
You can name the chickens yourself, however, Gaffy, Cadbury, and Blackstar are already taken.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I do so love your bibs. I give them as gifts to expectant parents in my family, at work and at church, and everyone loves them. My daughters even call me for them when folks they know are having babies.

carol said...

Elaine, THANKS again for a cute pattern. I knit many of your designs for expectant moms and this will now be included. The pattern I use most frequently tho, is the cupcake. That is my "go-to" gift for birthdays.

andrea said...

what a sweet little chicken.
i finally got brave enough and knit 2 owl bibs that were part of a baby gift for a young new mom at church. she loved them.

Unknown said...

Hi I have just found your blog and I have to say I am speechless and trust me I am from Belfast in Northern Ireland and that doesn't happen much. Your bib and dishcloth pattern are amazing I love to knit and I can't wait to start knitting some of these. I just wanted to say thank you very much for allow people to use your pattern for free what a wonderful gift you have been given. Thank you again God Bless x