Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Sunday, October 16, 2011

Birthday Bear

It's that time of year again when I turn a year older and you get a "present"!  I started posting a new pattern on my birthday a couple of years ago and I thought it was a great tradition to keep.  This year's pattern came about because I really didn't care for my first teddy bear pattern at all.  I wanted a different bear that had a little personality. Even though I finished it late last year, it seemed appropriate to wait and post it today, not only because it's my birthday, but also because President Teddy Roosevelt was also born in October.  As you may know, "Teddy" bears get their name from him.  You can google the story if you don't already know it.

So here's my "Ted E. Bear".  I hope you like him.  Thank you for all your loyal support, that's the best gift I could ever have!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday to You! And, thanks for the present. (giggles)

I just love the Ted E. Bear cloth & bib. It will go just right for the blanket that I'm going to make.

Years ago, my hubby & I were traveling by Greyhound to be w/family for Christmas. There was lots of ice on the road, but we had an excellent driver & we all thanked him for doing such a wonderful job of driving safely. He name tag said, "Ted E. Bear" I asked him if that was really his name & he said, "Yep, I wouldn't make this up."

barb said...

I just discovered you. WOO HOO!!!!!!! I LOVE your designs. I am a stay-at-home grammie to 3 actual granddaughters, Luiza 8, Ella 7, Mia 5 and I claim 3 more, 1 little girl, Neve 3 and 2 little boys, Nolan 1 and David 3 weeks. I can not wait to start knitting these precious bibs/washcloths. The designs are fantastic. Luiza has picked out so many animals for me to knit into washcloths. So.......the knitting begins. Again, LOVE your designs. Now, I need to catch up on your old blogs. I saw some socks that looks GORGEOUS.

barb in Michigan