Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, August 14, 2009

Anyone for Socks?

I'm so excited!! Look what came in the mail the other day:
This is Kathleen Taylor's new book. It wasn't supposed to be published until September 1st, but it came early. I ordered it from Amazon as soon as I heard it was available for pre-order, which was months ago. I never buy books sight unseen, but I made an exception this time, because I just love all her patterns. It was a good decision too, as there are so many to choose from. Alot of the patterns range in size from toddlers to men. I'm always looking for neat socks to make for the grandsons, so this really is a welcome addition. I do knit other things than bibs, you know!
To go along with the socks, I thought I would share a picture of my favorite stitch markers.
These are so nice to use and not just with socks. They come in a variety of sizes. I love that the loops are made of some sort of plastic. It kind of reminds me of fishing line. (You can tell that I don't do any beading, because there probably is a name for this stuff.) Anyway, they don't distort the stitches or snag. They're lightweight and colorful. It's also so easy to just slip them with that nice loop. I have some really fancy markers with Swarovski crystals and sterling silver, but since I discovered these babies, they're all I use. You can find them here on Etsy. I notice that they just happen to be on sale too.
Well, didn't this just sound like a sales pitch! I'm always happy to be an enabler!

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

Thanks for the info on the new book. I didn't know about it, but I'm always up for a new sock book!

Susan said...

Hello from Northern Alberta. Love your patterns. I'll have to check out thesock book. There is another one by South West Trading Company called Socks a la Carte that is excellent. You can mix and match tops, bodies and to/ heel combos to make really unique socks.